About Japan Association of Theatre for Children and Young People
Japan Association of Theatre for Children and Young People is an organization for the performing arts for children and young people. Since established 1948, the association has been targeting, through our activities to provide meaningful performing arts experience for young audience, on motivating all the children in Japan to be positive, creative, and proactive supporters to the upcoming world and future generations.
Our members are individuals such as
- Teachers in the field of drama/theatre and education at kindergarten, elementary school, middle and high schools, and universities.
- Representatives of theatre groups, playwrights, dramatists, directors, actors, or anyone engaging in the theatre plays.
- Researchers, critics. drama instructors.
We presently organize the following activities
- Provincial tours of youth theatres
- Workshops for the teachers and students of nursery schools and kindergartens
- Meetings of research and study groups
- Publication of monthly journal